Monday, January 16, 2012

Noodles & Korma & Naan! Oh my!

So, the holidays have passed and we are back in the swing of things....and sort of still attempting to make New Years resolutions stick.

I recently joined Pinterest and it has become a new obsession. The pin boards provide a great way keep track of recipes I find online and want to try and find new recipes from other pinners. You can check out my pinterest by following the link in the right-hand column.

Here's a quick update on some of the meals we've recently enjoyed.

1. Red Curry Udon Noodles:



This noodle dish from the Happy Go Lucky Vegan was great! Spicy red Thai curry. Udon. Shitakes. Green onions. There were no leftovers. 

2. Crispy Pan-Fried Beans and Wilted Greens with a side of wild rice:

This is a sorta fancy version of beans n' greens using sauteed rainbow chard and cannellini beans. It was simple, but comforting and delicious.

3. Spaghetti with Leeks, Peas and Pesto:

Another fabulous recipe from the Happy Go Lucky Vegan. This pesto is amazing! The leeks and peas were a nice addition too, but I know we will be using this pesto recipe again and again.

4. Thai Style Vegetable Korma and 5-Minute Naan:

This dish from (never home)maker was creamy and awesome. Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies and it really shines in this meal. The coconut milk and spices were spot on and the 5-minute naan was extremely easy and perfectly complemented the korma.

5 comments:

Sasha Mitchell said...

Yum!!! I loove Naan. Thanks for sharing!!!
Best,
Sasha from Kale With Love

Heather Iacobacci-Miller said...

Love pinterest. It's really kind of addicting though. The bean dish sounds great.

APPyLE said...

Hello!!!! Nice blog.... and yummy your bean cream spaghetti.
How's life there in Arkansas? I live in Italy, but I'm gonna move to Ireland for a working experience

Sheridan & Drew said...

Sasha and APPyLE - Thanks for stopping by!

APPyLE - Life in Arkansas is good! I grew up here, so it's nothing new to me, but I find that I appreciate more and more things about it the older I get. Good luck in your move to Ireland. I've always wanted to take a trip there!

Heather - Pinterest is SO addicting! I can't stop! haha! The beans n' greens were really good. We usually end up using kale or collards and pintos when we make beans n' greens, so the chard and white beans were a nice change.

Bianca said...

Five minute naan!! No way! I wanna make that!! Your new lightbox makes for such PRETTY PHOTOS!! And yes, they're so pretty, they deserve all caps.